Thursday, April 19, 2012

Our purpose is love..


“Do you know your purpose in life?” It’s the big question everyone seems to want answered, Christians and non-Christians alike. To be honest, I came to bible school asking that same question, but found an answer so different than I expected. Yes, there can be one big main thing that God has put in your heart that you’re passionate about, but I realize more and more every day that it’s all about the everyday things that He’s called us to. How often do we over look them? 

There are ministry opportunities ALL around us.  What about the girl crying in the hallway, or the person in the wheelchair at the store?  God’s Word says, "When we’re faithful with the little, then God will give us much."
 I’ve been challenging myself lately to get uncomfortable. I think lots of people are waiting for God to “hand” them a ministry, business, or a great opportunity. Right now, are you doing exactly what He’s called you to do? Did you feel prompted to text someone and see how they’re doing? Or pray with someone who needs it? Or apply to Bible school? We’re called to act out the desires that God has placed in our hearts. 
In the Bible school class “Growing up Spiritually,” I remember the teacher, Dr. Edwin Miranda, mention walking in love with your roommates and being an example of peace even at your house. That’s real spiritual maturity, and growth in that arena, is a process. Your calling in life will also be developed by the people you surround yourself with!
"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one anotherThis is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.John 13:34-35 The Message (MSG)


   
Love is not just an emotion; it is the most powerful force in the universe.  God is love. Actions of love are such a loud witness. Sometimes we don’t even have to speak a scripture to them or pray for them. Just show love. That’s our ultimate purpose.
But practically, does that look like preaching a crusade to thousands, or ministering to the small villages of Africa, starting an orphanage, becoming a doctor or nurse, leading worship, being a youth pastor, being a business owner? I’m convinced that God can use anyone to accomplish any and all of His purposes!
When I was in Bible school, I saw myself be transformed in the little things in life.  Now as a staff member, I see spiritual development in the students as the school year progresses.  God is so faithful to finish what He has started in you.   Fulfill your calling. You can start today in the little things….


love always: Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment